Twin Oaks Elementary School
240 Smithville Rd. N
Leesburg, GA 31763 (map)
Office Hours: 7:30-3:30
Instructional Hours: 8:05-3:05
Principal: Katie Peppers
Welcome to Twin Oaks Elementary School!
We know that you have come to a good place and we are confident that you will be well pleased with the education your child receives at our school and in the Lee County School System. Twin Oaks provides an excellent learning environment for boys and girls in the third, fourth, and fifth grades. We have an outstanding faculty and staff, great students, and wonderful parents who work together to provide your child with the best possible education.
You should consider many highlights as you join our school family. Our test scores are consistently above the state average. More than 80% of our teachers have advanced degrees. We have an outstanding fine arts program including opportunities for students in music, art, and drama. Our school is housed in a beautiful, state of the art building. There is an excellent Parent Teacher Organization. We provide many opportunities for the students beyond the classroom including the Archery team (state champs in 2021, 2022, and 2023!), the annual talent show, bi-annual art show, Drama Club, Robotics-Lego League, Jr. BETA Club, Drama Production, K-Kids, Math Competition Participants, and 4-H.
For more information, please contact the sponsor.
Archery Team (4th and 5th grades) State Champs in 2021, 2022, 2023! - Jeremy McKinley
Music Club / Talent Show - Jodi Posey
Robotics-Lego League - Daisy Beaver
Jr. Beta Club - Latrelle Brunson
K-Kids - Patsy Shirley
Math Competition - Cassidy Powell
4-H - Audrey Taylor
The Lee County School System fosters relationships through diverse, challenging, and quality educational experiences that cultivate successful citizens.
Learning, Empowering, Excelling
We believe in...
- Year Facility Opened: August 2008
- Approximate Number of Students: 750
- School Personnel: Certified Staff
- 1 Principal
- 1 Assistant Principal
- 46 Certified Teachers
- 1 Counselor, 1 part-time Counselor
- 1 Media Specialist
- 1 Nurse
- 1 Part-time Reading Interventionist
- 1 ELA Instructional Coach
- 1 Math Instructional Coach
- 7 Para Professionals
- 6 Food Service Staff Members
- 5 Custodial Staff Members
- SACS Accredited
- GAC Accredited with Quality
- Fully Operational Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) School
- National Beta School of Distinction
- Archery State Champions
- Special Opportunities
- Gifted education
- Extra-curricular clubs
- Math/Reading competition teams
- Honors programs
- Special Education services
- One Chromebook for each student (used at school)
- Model Students each month